Research Scientist – Global and Regional Aerosol Modeling
7 January 2021 - 20 February 2021https://pnnl.jobs/richland-wa/research-scientist-global-and-regional-aerosol-modeling/3A7A873515FA4D3E954E210045DB25C5/job/
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory seeks a research scientist to develop and evaluate new aerosol treatments in the Energy Exascale Earth System Model (E3SM) Atmosphere Model (EAM) and to assess the global impact of regional climate changes through teleconnections. The incumbent will work on one or more of the following components:
- Developing and integrating improved representation for wildfire aerosols,
- Evaluating E3SM at various spatial and temporal scales using a wide range of observational datasets,
- Developing and using a model hierarchy that includes single column model and regionally refined mesh to assess the impact of the new treatments on weather and climate,
- Understanding mechanisms for the extra-polar impact of Arctic amplification and associated feedbacks on Arctic changes,
- Exploring linkages between Arctic changes and lower-latitude climate extremes and variability.