26 January 2021 - 30 June 2021https://jobs.bnl.gov/job/upton/computational-scientist/3437/4226477216
This position is available in the laboratory of Shantenu Jha, a recipient of the Gordon Bell Special Prize for COVID-19 research related work – https://www.hpcwire.com/2020/11/19/gordon-bell-special-prize-goes-to-massive-sars-cov-2-simulation/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience with High-Performance Computing — principles, practice, programming and performance analysis
- Strong Software Engineering Skills
- Experience with Scientific Workflows and Resource Management
- Help develop application and HPC middleware software frameworks.
- Contribute to interdisciplinary and community software development team.
- Promote the research results through scholarly publications and presentations at leading conferences
- Lead or participate in the development of related research proposals.
- Promote collaborative research with interdisciplinary research team
- Develop frameworks and libraries for high-Performance computing and Machine
- Learning applications. Integrate frameworks and libraries with scientific
- applications on DOE Leadership Facilities.