Climate Model Metrics Team Leader
20 May 2021 - 10 June 2021https://www.llnl.gov/join-our-team/careers/find-your-job/all/climate%20model%20metrics/3743990000041899
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
In this role you will:
- Perform innovative studies using performance metrics to determine the pathways towards improving the predictive abilities of models.
- Responsible for a team in the development of holistic assessments of Earth System Model performance.
- Contribute to the development of Earth system model analysis code standards and promote their inter-operability.
- Organize the scientific community around the development of model metrics for multiple sub-disciplines of Earth System science through workshops, white papers, and similar activities.
- Lead the development of major proposals to DOE and other sponsors.
- Publish papers in peer-reviewed journals, and present technical results at scientific conferences.
- Collaborate with others in a multidisciplinary team environment to accomplish research goals.
- Travel as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.