Associate Director for Office of Biological and Environmental Research
9 August 2022 - 21 September 2022https://www.usajobs.gov/job/666727100#agency-modal-trigger
As the Associate Director for Office of Biological and Environmental Research you will:
- Serve as an international expert in the areas of research and the scientific user facilities supported by the Office’s program. Formulate program goals, strategic directions, priorities, and plans for the Office, factoring in advice provided by the scientific advisory committee, as appropriate.
- Develop the budget requirements for activities at national laboratories, universities, and other research institutions. Assist the head of the organization in formulating budget requests and defending budget requests through DOE, the Office of Management and Budget, the Office of Science and Technology Policy, and Congressional committees.
- Formulate, direct, implement, administer, evaluate, and defend programs and policies necessary for the efficient implementation of a complex, comprehensive program in the biological and environmental sciences research. Prepare complex reports, papers, and policies on subjects covering areas of research and the scientific user facilities to be used by a variety of individuals and groups.
- Provide advice to the head of the organization regarding issues that affect the capabilities, institutional health, and well-being of the DOE laboratories.
- Integrate the efforts of the program elements, particularly the elements that support research with those that support the design, construction, and operations of instrumentation and the scientific user facilities.
- Integrate the program with other organizational programs; other DOE programs; and other Federal research programs such as those of the National Science Foundation. Assure effective interagency planning, coordination, and evaluation of programs that cut across agencies.