Assistant/Associate Professor of Meteorology
26 October 2022 - 9 December 2022https://main.hercjobs.org/jobs/17667877#expand
The Department of Meteorology, at the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) is accepting applications from candidates for a tenure-track position at the assistant or associate professor level. Qualified candidates with a Ph.D. in Meteorology/Atmospheric Science or related discipline are encouraged to apply. Highly qualified candidates with research foci in any area(s) of atmospheric science are encouraged, although the department has specific teaching needs in synoptic-scale weather systems, mesoscale/coastal meteorology, and forecasting. The candidate is expected to work collaboratively with existing department faculty and staff members as well as independently as an instructor and principal investigator in research programs. The successful candidate’s research areas will complement and expand the department’s existing research programs. Salary and academic level will be commensurate with experience.
Primary duties include:
- Teaching approximately 4 course sections per year
- Advising student M.S. theses and Ph. D. dissertations.
- Establishing and maintaining an externally-funded research program.
- Successfully publishing papers and making presentations on scientific research results.
- Serving on various Department and School-wide committees.