22 December 2022 - 31 January 2023https://www.llnl.gov/join-our-team/careers/find-your-job/all/atmospheric/3743990000915246
We have an opening for an atmospheric scientist to support emergency operations as part of the National Atmospheric Release Advisory Center (NARAC – http://narac.llnl.gov), a national support and resource center for emergency response and analysis of hazardous atmospheric releases. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team using the NARAC modeling suite to provide emergency and routine scientific support for users of NARAC. This position is in the Atmospheric Science Research and Applications group within the Atmospheric, Earth, and Energy Division of the Physical Life Science Directorate.
In this role you will
- Create atmospheric dispersion modeling calculations quickly and accurately using the NARAC modeling suite and provide solutions of moderate complexity.
- Provide consulting and regular, routine scientific support to and for users of NARAC, especially assessments of Lagrangian dispersion modeling results.
- Serve on the team for monthly on-call rotation in the NARAC Operations Center.
- Develop and document advanced standard operating procedures for the operations team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.