Instrument Maint. Tech./Radiosonde Operator (ARM BNF site)
28 August 2023 - 26 September 2023https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=0681826a9d83934b&tk=1h916kjtlh5h0802&from=serp&vjs=3
The Engineering Technician I (Instrument Maintenance Technician/Radiosonde Operator) is responsible for performing instrument maintenance and operation in support of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) Third Mobile Facility (AMF3) at the Bankhead National Forest (BNF) site at or near Moulton, Lawrence County, AL.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Complete appropriate ARM forms and data inputs, i.e. PM/CM, site inspection, to document work.
- Perform routine preventative and scheduled/unscheduled corrective maintenance on all AMF3 instruments.
- Perform basic instrument troubleshooting.
- Trim vegetation near instruments as necessary.
- Participate in instrument installation planning and work as appropriate.
- Follow and participate in development of ARM technician procedures, documentation, and standards.
- Act as alternate for daily PM/CM CF rounds technician.
- Set up, launch, and monitor radiosonde soundings.
- Keep all applicable station logs and reports during shift operations.
- Provide routine site fire and security checks.
- Monitor and respond to site fire and security alarms.
- Monitor authorized after-hours visitors during their shift.